Your assistance in hosting a private dress donation drive will help us to frock & bedazzle hundreds of teens. With a little planning…and a magic wand, hosting a dress drive is easy. Just follow the instructions below, and you’ll be up to your elbows in donated taffeta, ribbon & lace in no time!
1. SPREAD THE WORD
Contact The Princess Project Silicon Valley at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to get involved. Our Dress Drive Coordinator will provide you a link to download Dress Drive How-To’s and poster art to help you publicize your private dress drive event.
2. GET READY…
Designate a space to receive and store your collected dresses. When collecting dress donations, please keep the following in mind:
- PPSV only accepts new & gently-used dresses you’d see in the pages of SEVENTEEN or popular prom magazines…no casual, matronly or MOB (mother of the bride) dresses allowed. REMEMBER: Age-appropriate – High School Teens – Prom Appropriate!
- Gently-used dresses must be in good condition, dry-cleaned & on hangers.
- We gladly accept dresses, sizes 0 – 30 – short, long, formal, frilly, bedazzled, bright, understated, unique…as long as it’s prom-appropriate & current, we’re tickled pink to take it!
- PPSV does not accept shoes, jewelry, handbags, make-up, wedding dresses, tuxedos or unclean garments.
3. INFORM DONORS OF THE RECEIPT PROCESS
Dress donations are tax deductible. Let donors know they can get a receipt for their tax records here!
4. DELIVER DONATIONS
Contact our Dress Drive Coordinator at email@example.com to schedule your dress donation delivery.
We request that you do not contact the media to publicize your dress drive, as all media relations are handled through The Princess Project. Thanks for your time, talent & taffeta!